Saturday, February 5, 2011

If you have more than one kid...

Did you ever wake up one day and realize that you have not taken nearly as many photos and videos of your subsequent kids as you did of your first?  Did you feel guilty knowing that there is no way to even fix it?  I can't go back and take more pictures of my second daughter in her first year.  I can't go back and decide I should have taken a video of her doing something totally random and not that exciting.  It sounds so silly, but I look back at the pictures and videos of my first daughter and absolutely couldn't live without them.  Most of the videos are extremely boring for someone other than my husband or me, but I guess when I took them I wasn't really intending them for a different audience anyway.  They are capturing things I never thought I could ever forget, but with every new thing they do, the old cute things just get pushed further and further back in my memory.  It's easy for me to say that I will try and take more pictures of my second daughter, and even my first daughter these days, but then life happens, and I seem to always need to do something else that seems more important at the time.  I realize that washing clothes, dishes, picking up, etc. aren't priorities (well I think they shouldn't be.  afterall, why did I choose to stay home most of the time with my kids if I'm not actually going to spend time with them?), but it's really hard to let go of those tasks sometimes and just settle in with a stack of books or get down on the floor and build something.  I'll just chalk it up as another thing I need to work on; I just hope I don't end up being eaten away with guilt over it.  However, I will never forget my parents' excuse that their camera was broken for a very long time when I was a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment